At Professional Insurance Plans, our success comes from our time in the industry, as well as our involvement with Nurse Practitioner. We continually participate in annual conventions, component society meetings, and sponsorship of risk management seminars. It is very important to provide educations on how to avoid costly claims specific to your profession.
Professional Liability for Nurse Practitioners
The need for individual, quality malpractice coverage has never been more essential with the growing demands and responsibilities of your profession.
Whether you are an independent contractor or employee, we have a plan to fit your needs. Some employed healthcare providers may be told that they are covered by their employer’s insurance policy. However, unless you are the OWNER, your interests could likely be viewed as secondary to your employer. The best protection is always your OWN POLICY- IN YOUR NAME!.
- Coverage options up to $2million
- Full Consent to Settle Claims
- Legal fees paid in addition to Liability Limits
- HIPPA Defense
- License Defense
- General Liability Available
- Portable coverage- take your policy with you if you change jobs
- Wage Loss and Expense
- First Aid Reimbursement
- Medical Payments
- Sexual Misconduct Expense
- Risk Management Services
Malpractice Insurance for Nurse Practitioners
Nurse Practitioners’ roles and responsibilities have increased over the years, but with added responsibility comes added risk. If you’re relying on your employer’s professional liability insurance to provide you with complete coverage and protect you from a malpractice suit, you could be putting your career and financial well-being at risk.
Why You Need Your Own Professional Liability Insurance
Consider the likely gaps in your employer’s malpractice insurance that are leaving your career exposed:
- Claims-made insurance may not cover suits filed after you have terminated your employment
- Policy limits that may not be high enough to protect you and all your co-workers
- Coverage that may not include lost wage reimbursement or licensing board hearing reimbursement
- Coverage that likely doesn’t extend outside of the workplace, such as when you engage in volunteer, moonlighting, or self-employed activities.