At Professional Insurance Plans, our success comes from our time in the industry, as well as our involvement with CRNA’s. We continually participate in annual conventions, component society meetings, and sponsorship of risk management seminars. It is very important to provide educations on how to avoid costly claims specific to your profession.
What to look for in a malpractice carrier/ agent:
(click on any of the links below for more information)
- Consent to settle — if it is not pure consent, without exception, then you can be losing control of a suit brought against you.
- Occurrence or claims made — are you given the option of having either an occurrence or claims made policy, having the choice should be yours.
- Financial stability— is the carrier financially sound and able to defend you when a claim comes?
- Defense— when you need a strong defense, do they use experts in malpractice defense, do they have a team of expert witnesses and what is their track record like in court and closing cases without going to court.
- Risk Management — is the carrier able to provide you with a risk manager (not a claims manager) should you need help with handling a situation before it becomes a bigger problem?
- Specialized Service — are you getting the expertise you deserve from your agent? Do they specifically work with CRNA’s as Professional Insurance Plans do?
We provide coverage through Medical Protective which has teamed up with the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Medical Protective is the leading Healthcare Liability insurance for CRNA.
- Coverage options up to $2million
- Full Consent to Settle Claims
- Legal fees paid in addition to Liability Limits
- HIPPA Defense
- License Defense
- General Liability Available
- Portable coverage- take your policy with you if you change jobs
- Wage Loss and Expense
- First Aid Reimbursement
- Medical Payments
- Sexual Misconduct Expense
- Risk Management Services
Discounts & Credits:
- Loss free credits available
- Part-time credits available
- New-to-practice discounts available
- Moonlighting credits up to 65%
- Leave of Absence for disability, military leave, educational leave, or sabbaticals.
- Risk Management credit available upon completion of an educational program, available through seminars, home study, or online programs.